Two Cents Worth
Is Google late to the Soundbox party? Or maybe not!
UPI Market Share
Merchants using Soundbox
Why is Google entering this space?
Payment Aggregator: A New Business Opportunity for Payment Players?
How do payment aggregators work in India?
How to make a profit?
- Keep the MDR higher than the cost paid to different payment instruments/modes
- Intelligent routing mechanism to direct the volume towards less charging payment modes
- Charge the banks some subvention for a volume commitment
Why are many fintech players trying for a payment aggregator license?
Joint Digital Platform: PSBs Plan to Connect with Fintech Companies
How OCEN is different from PSBs' joint digital platform?
Why is a unified cloud based digital platform required?
What is there for PSBs and fintech companies?
- State-run banks can leverage the resources of multiple fintech firms, reducing the cost of sourcing loans and investing in expensive platforms or technologies
- PSBs and fintech companies can save cost of integration and provide a uniform customer journey
- Fintech companies can gain easy access to capital and increase revenues
Wait and watch for
- It is yet to be seen how PSB Alliance Ltd's initiative will materialize in India's highly regulated digital lending landscape
- A significant concern is the security and sharing of data between regulated and unregulated entities
- The revenue sharing model for stakeholders such as PSBs, fintech platforms, payment gateways, and payment aggregators
News for You
- Cashfree lays of 100 employees to reduce cost. Read more
- KreditBee raises $120 million funding in new tranche. Read more
- Investors forked out Rs 8,000 cr to shift base from Singapore to India, says PhonePe CEO Sameer Nigam. Read more
- Visa and Mastercard may be allowed a share of India's online payments. Read more
- Indian fintech micro-lender KreditBee tops-up Series D by $120m. Read more
- RBI asks PayU India to reapply for a payment aggregator license. Read more
- Advantage Paytm says analysts as Alibaba cuts stake in Vijay Shekhar Sharma-led fintech. Read more
- PM Modi holds a meeting with economists at NITI Aayog; applauds the success of India digital story & rapid adoption of fintech across the country. Read more
- Yubi Becomes India’s first fintech company to achieve the SOC 2 type II attestation for data security and privacy. Read more
- What Does 2023 Hold For India’s Fintech Startups?
- The winds of change - India Fintech Report 2022
- Redrawing the lines: FinTech’s growing influence on Financial Services
- Voice on Reporting – Quarterly updates publication 31 December 2022
- Embedded Finance: What It Takes to Prosper in the New Value Chain
- Fintech | McKinsey & Company
Download Potlee Now